Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
I'm always looking for easy meals that make little mess and are quick to throw together. The Instant Pot (IP) and my slow cooker are two tools I use quite often. This recipe is adapted for the Instant Pot.
3 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to add more heat
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 cup diced, yellow onion
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
3/4 cup chicken stock
1 1/4 cup long-grain, white rice, rinsed and drained
1 lb. frozen whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
16 ounce jar tomato salsa
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
toppings of your choice
1. Mix chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and cayenne and sprinkle on both sides of chicken breasts.
2. Heat olive oil on SAUTE setting, and add onions and garlic. Cook until they start to soften, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Deglaze the pot with chicken stock, making sure to loosen any browned bits.
4. Add chicken breasts, rice, salsa, black beans, and corn to the pot.
5. Put lid on pot, and make sure pressure knob is turned to SEALED.
6. Using the MANUAL setting, set cooker for 8 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE.
7. When IP beeps at the end of cooking cycle, unplug and allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes. CAREFULLY turn knob to release remaining pressure.
8. Using two forks, shred chicken breasts.
9. Add cilantro and stir well.
10. Serve with your favorite taco toppings, like sour cream, lime juice, sliced avocado, and crushed tortilla chips.
***Disclaimer: The INSTANT POT link is an Amazon affiliate link.